Thursday, September 24, 2015

Grandchildren win India royal Gayatri Devi's riches

Grandchildren win India royal Gayatri Devi's riches


On Wednesday the Supreme Court upheld an earlier judgement by the Delhi High Court in favour of the grandchildren, saying they had been deprived of their rightful share in the properties.
"All these years my sister and I have only been asking for our father's shares in the family company and nothing beyond that," AFP news agency quoted Devraj Singh as saying after the ruling.
"Finally, I am one step further to be able to do my various duties towards my ancestral land."
Gayatri Devi supported education for women, and founded a prestigious school in Jaipur, which is now the capital of Rajasthan state.
She broke with tradition by winning election to parliament in 1962 and was re-elected twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment